Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hugh Jackman reveals that he was abandoned by his Mother at Age of 8



NEWS -CINEMA-MUSIC-CELEBRITY-WORLD

via glooce

jackman-prisoners

One of the main things I remember is that horrible feeling that people were talking about you and looking at you because it was odd for the mother to leave,' he told the Australian Women's Weekly.

He was '12 or 13' when it dawned on him that his mother would never return home.

The star revealed his secret pain in the Australian Women's Weekly magazine After his parents divorced, his sisters, Zoe and Sonia, moved to England to live with their mother. The actor and his brothers, Ralph and Ian, stayed on in Sydney, Australia, with their father, Chris.

Still, Jackman never questioned his mother's love for him. 

'The thing I never felt - and I know this might sound strange - I never felt that my mum didn't love me,' he explained. 'I've spoken about it at length with her since and I know she was struggling. 'She was in hospital after I was born suffering from post-natal depression. There wasn't a support network for her here.'

The star, who has two children, Oscar, 12, and Ava, 7, with his wife Deborra-lee Furness, 56, says he was able to forgive his mother when he became a parent himself.

'There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life,' the star says. 

'You can't go through life obsessing about what might have been.'

source 2




No comments:

Post a Comment